Tuesday 20 November 2012

Golden Slumbers

Master E's room is SO close to being done, I can taste it!  Just one wall left, but the biggest and best part of the room is in, and I'm psyched!  Just as a reminder, this is what it looked like before:

























Blah....... minus the little guy in the crib... he's adorable.

And this is that wall now:

























It was sunny on Sunday... but look at that wall!  Glorious! Here's a close-up of the prints:

























It's hard to see with the sun, so here are the originals that were done by my brother [Andy of Arbourne Designs]:



Based on one of my favorite Beatles songs, he took my crappy print idea and made it look about a million times better [that's why he is the graphic designer].  I changed the color on the last print a little because the original that he had done was a little too close to the wall color for my liking.

I think it looks really cute with the mobile that we got from one of D's colleagues at work:

























I also put up some pieces on the window-side.  The mobile came from E's Oma's trip to Germany last year.  The calendar was a gift from my parents, and the canvas was a gift from my work colleagues.  I took E's footprints and then colored in some chevron around them to brighten it up a little bit.

























In the alcove, I added a shelf [made from charity shop books for £1.50 each, and some brackets the landlord left behind with an old Ikea shelf].  We need a place to put bottles and burp cloths, and of course, Yoda.

























Just one last wall to fill, but I know what I want to do.  Just need the supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment