Thursday 17 May 2012

Here comes the sun?

I was pretty psyched to see the sun over the weekend [and again yesterday!], but the lovely English weather has harshed my buzz once again by bringing the rain.  So I thought that a good way to get me a little excited about summer [if it ever arrives] would be to try to replicate a nice summery bedroom, a la this one:


















from tatertotsandjello.com [best.website.name.EVER]

The room is so bright and sunny, and I love the blue/yellow/white-washed wood panelling behind the bed... and I'm now regretting every design choice I made in the house... See below for where to buy:

In the UK:


















1. Logan Duvet Covers, from £30 at John Lewis; 2. Aspelund Bed, £99 at Ikea; 3. Herrup Rug, £35.99 at Ikea; 4. Linen Cushions, from £40 at Graham&Green; 5. Handle Mirror, £45 at Marks&Spencer; 6. Urusula Cable Knit Pouffes, £175 at Graham&Green; 7. Lindvend Side Table, £14.99 at Ikea; 8. Gold Ruched Throw, from £45 at Next; 9. Mandalay Roman Blinds, £22 at John Lewis; 10. Kramare wall light, £6.99 at Ikea.

In the US:


















1. Basic Modern Rug, $39.99 at Target; 2. Pavillion Pillow, $20 at Pier1; 3. Brimnes Bed Frame, $129 at Ikea; 4. Organic Essential Blanket, from $59.99 at Pottery Barn; 5. Lemon Rope Pouf, $159.99 at Target; 6. Marimekko Pipperikera Duvet Cover, from $89.95 at Crate&Barrel; 7. Bamboo Roman Shade, from $38.24 at Walmart; 8. Scalloped Accent Table, $29 at Walmart; 9. Navy Scalloped Mirror, $19.99 at Target; 10. Husvik Wall Lamp, $29.99 at Ikea.

Still working on stuff in the house, but we're getting there... I'm a little bit slower than usual with the weight of the monster inside of me.  Lots of pictures to come, and in the meantime, I"m going to try to get this kid to do a little head-spin so he's facing the right way to get out... I'm picturing something like this:

I'm sure that's how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment