Tuesday 13 July 2010

Sleepy...

I'm a sucker for Country Living magazine.  My mom gets it, and I think that's why I still like it.  Anyway, since I can't get it over here [well, I can, but I don't think it's worth £7 a pop], I check it all out online.  Now these are a little old [like 2 years], but still amazing.  I really want to makeover my bedroom, so here's some inspiration!  All images are from Country Living.
I'm not usually a fan of the sun/moon/stars thing, but I love how understated this space is.  Vintage and eclectic.
























I love open brickwork.  D knows this, and I'm really hankering for an apartment with this feature, though it's easier to find in old renovated warehouses... we'll keep looking...
























Beautiful for a little girls room, or a spare bedroom.  If only I could remember how to knit/crochet... at least I still have the afghan that my grandmother made me.
























Yellow!  Love the mix of color and pattern here.  The only problem with this style is that D won't think that anything matches and reject it right away.  He already doesn't like the fact that we have dark sheets and a white duvet cover...
























This one is so minimal, but rustic and cozy.  If we were back in Maine, this would be the one to go for... it would fit the hubby's matching criteria [although he may not like the dark walls...].



















It's almost like a fancy hotel suite.  I love mixing white with a small dose of color.  A bit too white for us, but it's beautiful nonetheless.























So D's a giant and doesn't like sloping roofs.  I don't blame him.  but I love the open beams and mix of vintage and rustic with bold color.  And it's yellow!  Yippee!  This is the one to go for I think... see below for where to buy.

In the UK:


















1. Sanderson Wallpaper, Etchings and Roses DPFWER104, Yellow, £39/meter at John Lewis; 2. Union Jack Embroidered Cushion, £29.50 at M&S; 3. PiP Studio Chinese Rose Bed Set, Red, from £60 at John Lewis; 4. LEIRVIK Bed, £109 at Ikea; 5. Annabella Chandelier, 3 Arm, £80 by John Lewis; 6.  French Chest of Drawers, £399 at Graham&Green; 7. John Lewis Alicia Table Lamp, £45 at John Lewis; 8. Autograph Pemberley Chair, £599 at M&S.

In the US:


















1. 1891 by Sferra Mai Thai Bedding Set, from $89.97 at Macy's; 2. Owl Lamp, $34.99 at Target; 3. 4-Bulb Flower Chandelier - White, $89.99 at Target;  4. Norwall  Document Damask Wallpaper, $39.20 per roll at Lowe's; 5. Avenue Six Trition Club Chair, Woven Wheat, $299 at Walmart; 6. Naples Four Drawer Chest - White, $299 at Target; 7. Maddie Headboard Set-Queen, $379.99 at Target; 8. Embroidered Bird Pillow - Sand, $34.95 at Pier1.

Time to go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment